Google

Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

Blogger Gone Wild?

Got a criticizing comment today from a blog-reader-who-does-not-comment-in-public (in order to keep his secret identity protected, we shall call him TejayD, in the holy spirit of JohnnyB, CherkyB, BrainkyP et al).

He thinks I should change the picture that adorns my blog, as it looks too much like "College-Girls-Gone-Wild" and the likes. "It accentuates parts of you that should not be accentuated", he reprimanded.

I am sure he was referring to my eyes.

So, just to set things clear and put an end to any fantasy:

That is a picture of me from 3 years ago, standing inside one of those magnificent hollow tree trunks at the Lamington Rainforest National Park, in Queensland, Australia.
The tree is hollow because it became the unfortunate victim of a Strangler Fig
, which is a plant whose seeds get deposited on tree branches by bird droppings, and then extend its roots down to the ground, wrapping around the host tree until it eventually dies and disintegrates. After killing its host, the jerk (I mean, the strangler fig) is left standing. Charming growth strategy.
And, if I sound too personal, it's because when you're surrounded by a whole forest of such, it's fascinating and devastating at the same time.

Anyway, enough about botany, let's talk about me!
Gone wild? perhaps, as it was the Aussie wilderness. But definitely not in a college girl sense - no worries, mate.
And, to remove further doubts: I am fully dressed in this picture, wearing a tank-top and shorts, and so this picture complies with the guidelines of decency - except perhaps in some countries that Bush is fantasizing on invading next.
I do love this picture, as it brings up great memories.
Plus - it doesn't get much better than that, when it comes to my nonexisting photogenic-ness.

Besides, you are supposed to read what I write, not look at what I am wearing.

We all happy now?

Labels:


Comments:

You never know which photos are going to resonate until you put them out there. Like, who could have predicted the power of JackyB's butt?
 

And I'm not sure I'd trust TexieD's judgement on anything. He's not all that well known for his good taste. And you're not exactly doing an Atlas Shrugs.
 
Well, none of us could have ever predicted the power it would have on you.
Why, you simply cannot stop talking about JohnnyB's rearview. Would you like a life-size high resolution image to put in your cubic?
 
Didn't realize you blogged too...TejayD.. I remember a snippet about him from Johnny B from one of their Habitat for Humanity stints.. :)

Cheers!
 
I decided to research whether or not your blog site was obscene so I blew up the picture on my 27 inch flat screen and the only thing I could notice was because of you being bent over it could look like you have no pants on. This does not constitute obscene because it relies only on fantasizing and not actually seeing. So, to compare I clicked on the college girls gone wild link within the text only to be thwarted by chaste nuns who actually run around with no pants under their habits. Now I am off to confession.
 
Ah, Rainey!

You joining the comments forum is like, well, Uhm, you joining the comments forum.
Confess, my child, and repent.
Jesus loves you. Well, Kinda.
 
One thing I learn as I get older
Evil's in the eye of the beholder!
So watchit, Blogger so demeaning
You need some Visine for eye cleaning.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.