Google

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

 

SOLD!!!

(Also published on "Unchain My Art").

I wanted to paint.

I really did.

Honestly.

I even had the time.

But I didn't. Instead, I spent some quality time with my mat cutter, on the quest of cutting a double mat for a little bozzetto that I like a lot. A personal favorite, which I consider a breakthrough.

I measured twice - and once more for luck, while cursing the imperial system and its evil eighths and sixteenths of an inch that were lurking in every corner. (Are you ever gonna convert to the sane, metric system, people?!?). Using all my fingers, my tongue stuck out and my self confidence sliding down, I finally managed to cope with the calculations, feeling as incompatible as I ever did.

When I got to the cutting itself, I took special care to make the cuts flawless and clean.

I really wanted it to look perfect.

After all, it is not every day that I mat the very first painting I've ever sold!!!

Who'd have thought that
this little painting
would intrigue so many people, causing them to try and guess what's the story behind it? It was truly fascinating to witness all the interpretations, that went from nocturnal strangulation(!) through saving from drowning to a woman taking off her mask as she goes to sleep, no longer having to pretend.

Only one of my blog readers actually got what I really painted. A week later, she informed me she wants to buy it - and tomorrow it will be FedExing its way to her.

She claims she is very excited about this. Well, not as much as I am. It's a huge compliment when a person wants to own an artwork of yours. HUGE!


It's so encouraging, so rewarding to know that what you put on paper has touched someone to that extent - and at the same time, it's quite hard to part from it.

Which is why I am so glad it's going to a good home - - - Blogauthor and Wheeler, hope you enjoy it!

I believe I can now be considered a professional artist. And I wonder - can I say I have a patron?
:-)



Labels: ,


Comments:

so you are on the venture of selling your art?
Exciting!
 

I've been checking your blog over and over for this post, lol!!! I am SUPER excited. Upon it arrival, framing and hanging, I shall photograph it for posting on both of our blogs. :)

I really love that painting, and I didn't know until your email that its the first painting you've sold. It's truly an honor.
 
p.s. I told ya I'd be up later! :)
 
Mazal tov! :)
 
Rhonda, yes, exciting it is.

Blogauthor, twin blogging - that would be cool! :-)

Yev, Toda!
 
Wonderful! I am sure this is the first of many many!

Best!
 
Go, girl, go!! What a year you're having........!! Congrats.
 
Wow!! What a thrill! Congratulations to you and whatever you do, don't screw up that matting! :)

It's very exciting, too, to think that one of your blog readers is the buyer. How cool is that?

Enjoy!
 
Wow! You are officially pro!
Congratulations!

It's great that you will get to see it in its new home.
 
You are now tied with van Gogh.
 
Congratulations on the sale. That is so exciting.
Had to laugh about the Van Gogh comment. I think that I can identify with him. I've sold a few more than that, but, mostly, people expect me to work for nothing-that's the attitude toward a lot of teachers, too.
Also identify with Kathe Kollwitz in style and things that happened in our lives. She made prints because she could get cheap materials, and sell her work cheaply so that everyone could afford to have her art work.
I know that you will move up to bigger and better things! Happy painting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.