Google

Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

A Thousand Words - And Then Some #17

"Nooooo, this no pink! This red!" said the guy at the bakery with utter self-conviction.




Yesterday when I ordered this cake (raspberry filling), I specifically asked them to not put pink or purple on the cake.

"It's a guy's birthday", I informed the bakery dude. "Please use blue, or green. No pink. Please!".

And today, he looked me in the eye, assuring me that this is not pink. Y'know, I'm an artist. I kinda know about color. You simply cannot tell an artist that this is red. This is sooooooooo pink! And a horrifying one!! And - they also put a rose...

But - I didn't argue. I took this manly, masculine creation and presented it to the birthday boy.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THE JOHNNYB!!!

(and this font is not pink, either...).

Next year, I'm baking the cake.

previous 1000 Words... ...next 1000 words

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

Funny article. It is so aggravating when you are so specific and they are so dense. I just thought of a great birthday present....painting lessons!

Tell John, Happy Birthday from me.
 

it'll help him get in touch with his feminine side yes?
ok next year I say do a very manly cake!
Jump out of it?!!!
 
I thought it was your birthday.
Right day, wrong person.
Happy Birthday John.
 
Looks red to me.
 
It looks like cake to me.
 
Admit it, this is revenge for the comments he made.

Happy bday JohnnyB!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.