Google

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

 

Re-Floored: Day II

...and on the second day, LamiS brought LamiD with him. (I am starting to wonder if S&G read some of the comments left on the previous post, that showed heartfelt concern about the scanty number of people sent for the job). As opposed to yesterday, they agreed to a cup of coffee and started working on the jigsaw puzzle that will become our laminate floor. Quite a boring puzzle, I dare say. All pieces looking the same, no frame, no center of interest. But - to each his own.

VinyB joined them a bit later, looking refreshed - fortified even.

He worked

- - - and worked

- - - - - - and worked

- and several hours later, after the vanity and toilet were back in place, he had a stern talk with me about the welfare of vinyl and the existential importance of putting felt protectors underneath the heavy furniture that reside in my studio, on top of the vinyl he worked so hard to install. We then discussed whether I could use an office chair in my studio, and after a bargaining session (that made the peace talks in Camp David look like a casual chat), we reached a compromise: it's OK, as long as I use a rug underneath. He's a tough negotiator, VinyB. He is also a great pro and a real nice guy. He left, taking with him his toolbox as well as the most expressive plumber butt I've ever witnessed. (should have taken a picture, I know...).

Meanwhile, in the living room, LamiS and LamiD continued to solve the puzzle, slowly but steadily, took a break to adorn my studio with baseboards, so we can put things back in (yes, with felt protectors, OK!) and came close to finishing the living room. (Yes, CherkyB, they left it unfinished. Yes, we know the store you used would have finished it completely and would have thrown in a foot-massage. Not everyone gets the Wow treatment, y'see).

(Click to enlarge)

The house is already looking like someone else's. I love what it is becoming, and I honestly dunno if I'll manage to spare the life of the first person who sets a shoed foot on top of the laminate.

From now on, everyone hover, please...

For those of you who have been following the baseboard saga with bated breath: rest assured. On the first day of work, after learning of our deprivation, BossyC went to the baseboard orchard and picked a fresh, vine riped one. It is now painted in smoldering red (masterpiece of The JohnnyB), to match the living room wall. Don't you just love happy endings?

Labels:


Comments:

Nava
It's beautiful!
Have a sign at the door;
EVERYONE-SHOES OFF

:)
 

Scuze me!! Did you say vine ripened butt? I just don't recall exactly.

The floor looks great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.