Google

Monday, November 27, 2006

 

ArtPact #2


I am presenting to you the first painted version of NitzkuA, wearing his mommy's hat, which I have finished only 30 minutes ago.

As promised, fresh from the easel.

Interestingly, painting the face was real fun, and not as hard as I feared (felt like I was caressing his face with my brush).
I actually thought I was all done yesterday, but an artist friend (JanieP), who came over and saw the painting, stated nonchalantly: "Very nice! And now you can start working on the background and the coat" . . .

. . . so I did, slaving over it most of last night and today.



A good friend told me once that when I show my paintings, I should shut up and refrain from giving my own interpretation, as tempting as it may be.


OK then, MichelleD, I am keeping quiet.


Click on the image to see a bigger version of it.



"Mommy's Hat #1"
Watercolor on W/N CP Paper, half-sheet (15"x22", 37 x 55 cm).

previous ArtPact next ArtPact

Labels: ,


Comments:

Is "Aaaawwww" a comment?? Then I realized he's too much a character for just an 'Aawww."

Loved the colors as you know I would!! Understand too how you felt as if you were stroking the cheeks - it felt like that just looking.

Now...number two, huh??

Sorry for brevity - I'm knee deep in quilt for upcoming great-baby de in two weeks.
 

thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!
I was trying hard to get away from an "Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwww" response, and I am therefore ecstatic that you see the attitude behind the cuteness.

Yep, on to number two.

Happy quilting - best activity for these freezing days!
(except for painting, of course).
 
Look at those cheeks!

That's Nitzkuuuuuuuuuu alright (I'm not calling him NitzkuA, since Nitzku is already a nickname).

PS I like the updated image better!
 
Well, Nitzku is indeed all cheeks.
Cheeks, and a pair of the most stunning eyes, that are hidden by the hat.

Thanks, The JohnnyB, for your pushing me towards cropping the hat.
As always, painfully sincere criticism does yield good results...


Looking much better now.
 
You really are So. Very. Good.

Bellissima!

The "eyes" are a very mysterious place in this picture. I almost feel like you're allowing me - as a viewer - to supply my own memories of a particular child to finish an illusion.

Is warm and beautiful and inviting, regardless.
 
Thanks, MichaelBains!

Wonderful compliment, about the mystery of the eyes, or lack of.
I always try to leave space for the viewer's imaginary. Feels good that it worked!

Got to tell you, though:
Reading your positive words, while your animated GIF keeps negating it, is quite a challenge... :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.