Google

Thursday, November 23, 2006

 

I should have seen it coming...


So, perhaps the idea of Happy Birthdaying people through the blog wasn't so bright...

What do you do with those dearly beloved friends, whose birthday happened before I started this tradition?

How do you congratulate someone in a post-factum manner?

What do you do when you get a reprimanding comment from Anonymous (for the sake of confidentiality, we shall name her AnonyMiki), that says (in eloquent Polish):

"And I never knew I was married to such a mythology!!!
Besides, let me remind you, that being married to one - also makes me a living mythological figure(??)
(and I too had a birthday......) "

Here's what you do:



To a wonderfully warm, extremely bright and hysterically funny woman,
who carries with valor the burden of being the wife of a mythological person,
who can trademark the phrase "Yes, Dear",
and needs a new set of eyes every couple of weeks,
as hers got worn out by the eye-rolling that's become her daily (if not hourly) routine...

HAPPY - belated - BIRTHDAY, MIKI!!!


Now, can I get back to blogging?

Labels:


Comments:

Maybe if you told your readers to GFY more often, like I do, they wouldn't all be clamoring for your attention like a big bunch of babies. That is, after all, the job of The JohnnyB.
 

I have no problem telling some of my readers to GFY, but when it comes to friends, I do manage to multitask and multichannelize my attention.

Do I sense a hint of envy of The JohnnyB, who actually gets some TLC when he is sick?
 
Thank you very much for the belated birthday greetings, but I'm not sure I recognized the woman you were talking about (said I humbly..).
But thanks anyway - and besides - it was great talking to you on the phone.
Best to John.
 
AnonyMiki,
Interestingly enough, while you humbly state "I'm not sure I recognized the woman you were talking about", Amir hasn't even blinked, nor had any doubt it was him.
And that's what makes him mythological.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.