Google

Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

The Tsunamis Are Here! (Re-posted)


I know, I know!


For the last 6 days you've been walking around anxious, nervously biting your finger nails, unable to concentrate on anything, wondering: "What ever happened with those Tsunami brushes? Was the price adjusted, or did they just say they would, but actually didn't?"

Wasn't the suspense just unbearable?
You too, Ha?


Oh, dear, dear readers!
Your caring solidarity means so much to me - - - wait, let me wipe a tear from the corner of my eye. There.

All that is behind us now.
It's time to rejoice - and I am so very overjoyed to tell you that you can rest assured:
I came home yesterday, after an exhausting sketching class, in which we sketched Tracy, our model, in about 50 (yes, fifty) different 2-minutes poses (2 minutes, yep. Yes, it is fast - please stop interrupting my stream of thought).
And - hold your horses, TexieD - the model was fully dressed - and I have the sketches to prove it, but the @$&*^$*^ Blogger engine won't let me upload images!
And that is after it was closed down for maintenance last night and today!?!
@$&@#(*^, (&^(#$ Blogger!

Anyway, home I came, to find, awaiting on the door step, lo and behold, a large package from Cheap Joe's.

The good news is that they have indeed adjusted the prices of the brushes to the bargain prices, each of us got all the supplies, shiny and new and waiting to be tried - and that puts Cheap Joe's at the top list of fair traders.

While a roaring sigh of relief echoes on both sides of the Atlantic (and if I'm lucky enough to have Aussie readers, of the Pacific as well), let me break it to you that, well, there are some bad news.

So, brace yourselves, dear readers. I was trying so hard to avoid having to tell you that, but my commitment for honest reporting is unconditional and I just cannot put my integrity at risk.
Ah, I do wish I didn't have to do that! but here goes:
One of the Tsunami brushes, alas, did not make it into the order.

I searched through all the items, looked again throughout the brushes galore (overall 24 between the 5 of us, and no, it is not too much! these are tools, remember?), and again, went back to the package, looked at any nook and crevice of the countless huge sheets of paper that was wrapping every tiny thing as protection against the hardship of the journey.
Nada.

And, just as I was starting to get really pissed (I am an Aries, what do you expect?), only then I saw that the invoice is trying to communicate with me.
(No, I am not consuming The JohnnyB's beer behind his back while he is away - it was really trying to make eye contact!!! Remember, honest reporting, like?).
I gave it (the invoice, not the beer - you are not concentrating!) my full attention, and learned that the particular brush is backordered.


Backordered!?!
That basically means there is no way to tell when it will arrive, if ever.

They didn't charge me for it, though, which is nice. And yet.

But, wait.
Now that I think of it, and trying to practice putting things in perspective and seeing the silver lining of this dark, stormy cloud...

Backordered means they ran out of stock, right?
.So they need to get it from their supplier, right?
..And - there may be a hypothetical situation that he, too, ran out of stock, right?
..(Ahm, well, you don't really need to answer each question...
...
these are, y'know, rhetorical questions, so relax. ...Just nod, if you really have to.
....
Ah, see what you made me do - ruin this nice artistic indentation.).
....So that means he needs to make a new brush, right?
.....As we all recall, those brushes are made of squirrel hair, right?

......And if he needs to make a new brush, then that means another squirrel is about to lose its tail, right?

Now, THAT makes me happy. On the verge of blissful.

And no, I am not a monster.
Just that after the pogrom that "our" squirrels have made in our cactus pot 2 days ago (Ah, the horror! I shall never forget that sight!! it is burnt on the inside of my eyelids), well, how shall I put it - I am a bit less green, when it comes to those pests.

Death to Blacky!!! (yes, we name them...)



Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.