Google

Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

...And Santa Didn't Come!


Had a great Christmas dinner tonight.

The JohnnyB assembled the menu and pretty much prepared 99% of the feast on his own, while I was magnanimously* allowed to help with the appetizers, and set the table in a festive way.

(* Learned this word today - had to use it!)

Advice: don't ever use confetti for decorating the table!
Ever.
These little thingies make the table look very nice and festive and cheery.
And yet... after the third time of finding confetti on my plate, I told TexieD it's not cute, but then everyone started to find them on their plates and in their food, as if those shiny creatures have developed a life of their own.
Took us a while to solve the mystery: the little dearies got stuck to everything, and whenever we would raise a glass to drink, they would parachute right onto our plates, mimicking the gracefulness fall of snowflakes.

After dinner, we waddled to the living room, for the real purpose of Christmas: Da Gifts!!!

We did keep our promise: no gift-opening until our Christmas tree has a proper name.

Nimay wanted to name it Bob ('coz it's cool!), and Romir came up with Scrappy Doo ('coz it's scrappy!).

I was not much better - all I could come up with was ChrissyB. Yeah, I know - pathetic.
But then, when we were about to lose all hope at the face of utter lack of creativity, The Johnnyb announced the name should end with 'tree', and we instantly came up with the winning name: [drum roll] BIGATREE.

(TexieD insisted I should write it like this: Big A. Tree, so there).

As you can see, Bigatree is very pleased with the name he was bestowed.
He is practically beaming with joy.

And yes, it's a he.
Isn't it obvious?

And then, we could get to business.


The gifts were quite a success, for everyone.

Nimay and Romir were thrilled with the Knights Kingdom Lego and the irreverent book & calendar we got for them (those kids have an incredible sense of humor - it was quite challenging to keep up with them in real-time!), TexieD got some cool kitchen-stuff, and his better 95% got a nice silky scarf (very nice, if I might humbly add... I almost bought it for myself).

Then, TexieD became a hero for a long moment, which lasted from the second I opened my gift, until The JohnnyB opened his...
I was stunned by how TexieD managed to get one of the most incredible books I've been drooling over for a while (Anatomy for The Artist), causing me to temporarily become speechless, lose my eloquent vocabulary and reduce it to one single syllable: "Wow".

Then The JohnnyB opened his gift, also wowing at TexieD's choice, being something he wanted for a long time...

...now, if only TexieD would have played his cards right by getting The JohnnyB something other than a book, he would have retained his halo and fame for a long long time.

But his secret was revealed, easily and instantly.
Yep. Amazon wish lists.

Still, we were both utterly surprised!

(It then made sense to me why TexieD did not share my enthusiasm as I was browsing through the stunning photos and drawings, explaining to him the wonders of the book...).

And to Rhonda:

No need to go too far looking for the ultimate creative gift in order to make your husband happy!
I got The JohnnyB a beer calendar, plus the only gospel he will religiously read...

He was quite ecstatic about it - and I owe a big, huge Thank You to Michael Bains for the idea.

No Santa, though.
How shall I put it - I am starting to have doubts...

Labels:


Comments:

Of course he did not come. He is sun bathing in Australia.
 

RAmen! 'Tis my own Gospel o' Choice as well, don't ya know. {-'

And, despite its being diff from my own choice of Dra (for Dradle eh! A tree looking like an upside down top, and y'all mixin' holidays and ... awww.. fuh-get it...) my hearty agreement that Big A. Tree is an excellent moniker for a Xmas Centerpiece.

Merry Merry all!
 
Santa didn't come? cuz he comes christmas morning silly goose.
so did he come today?!
I hope you have a hearty, yes!
Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner! (except for those nasty little confetti creatures)! funny now that I think of the few baby shower's I've given over the years I'd find those things in the corner and under the table and even on the next counter!
I've wondered to myself...self why the hell are these still around weeks after??? hmmm you are definately on to something...
Love the tree name. perfect.
He is ever so charming and big.
 
I just spotted your blog, I don't do Christmas, not like any Christian anyway.

What I'm wondering about is, where did you come from if you are new to the US?
 
Santa didn't show up here either. maybe because I had a fire going in 2 fireplaces and no milk and cookies left out. Also, we may have been bad this year.

May the FSM touch you with his Noodly Appendages.

signed, Angel Hair
(my FSM nickname)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.