Google

Sunday, January 07, 2007

 
To someone I have met via work (when I was a developer, and he was the main customer),
got a bad first impression (through someone else's eyes), and pretty much forgot about him as I switched jobs.

Who knew he was the very best friend of The JohnnyB?
And who imagined I would care that he is?
And who could tell he knew we were a couple, even before we did?

And, once I got to know him on my own, and got over the perception I had about him,
I discovered one of the most generous people,
very Israeli at heart and mentality (which also incurs being a total smartass and painfully straightforward) -
and a unique friend.
More than that: he, together with his better 95% and two adorable kids, have become like family to us.

The kind of guy who will open his house and heart to you,
rush to your rescue
(be it sending a notarized affidavit from his vacation in India, visiting you at hard times, or lending you a monitor!),
and try to help you in any way he can.
One thing he will never do for you, though, is tame down the spiciness of his food...

The ultimate food connoisseur, the undeniable god of Indian food, and the uncompromising food highbrow:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TexieD!!!

Labels:


Comments:

As The King would say: Thank you! Thank you very much! I share my birthday with The King.
 

Ladies and Gentlemen, The King has left the blog.

Happy Birthday, TexieD!
 
happy Birthday TexieD! Can I call you Tex? ;-)

We love spicy food down here in Austin too, especially Indian... and Thai... and Mexican too, especially if it's vegetarian... speaking for the Blueberry household anyway.
 
I dunno if you should dismiss your first impressions so easily.
 
blueberry, Check out "Swad" and "Madras Pavillion". Both are vegetarian restaurants.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.