Google

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

 

ArtPact #70 - OK, My Turn Now...

(Also published on "Unchain My Art")

Myrna and David have become famous overnight, having one of their incredible pieces in a museum. Always learning from the best, I decided to follow that path of fame.



Looking good, I dare say. I only wish people would stop taking photos of artwork in museums. It's truly and absolutely annoying, especially when one of them is facing the wrong way...

Wanna get your painting in a museum too? It's as easy as can be! Just go to this fun site, and you're in. No nasty jurors, no competition - you get the limelight all to yourself, and bask in the glow. Nothing cures a wounded ego like self delusion.

Why wounded?

Oh, this painting of mine is hanging in our Annual Show (which is an incredible show this year!). It's one in a series, and some of you may recall its older brother, "Dust to Dust". But, this one is titled ""Lost Edges". Also, this one did not get an award.

What I did get is many, many encouraging comments from visitors to the show, fellow artists and - ah, tears are choking my throat - The JohnnyB voted for it as his favorite piece in the show! By now you know very well that The JohnnyB is never ever lying about this kind of stuff. In fact, he is the first to tell me when he does not appreciate an artwork of mine, no matter how proud I am of it.

Oh, and . . . one person, apparently, liked it so much that she kept going to the show to look at it.

She went and looked.

- - - And went and looked.

- - - - - - And went and looked.

- - - - - - - - - And went and looked.

And at the reception (held on Sunday), she bought it. She is a fellow artist, CookieA, a fun person, a wonderful artist (and - needless to say - has an exquisite taste in art ;-) and it is a huge compliment to know that my painting has touched her enough to want to have it in her house.

I am still thrilled.

I have entered this painting (together with two others) to the 2008 Statewide Watercolor Competition and Exhibition at the Triton Museum of Art. And, based on the good karma this visualization thingy seems to have brought Myrna, I decided to give it a try.

You never know...

previous ArtPact... ...next ArtPact

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

It is an interesting thing, how visualizing a success can play a part in creating one. I'm always hearing stories about how people have done this, their stories can be pretty persuasive.

But I also wonder if these same people go on to admit how many things they've visualized themselves doing that have not come to fruition. Because you know there's been in bunch.

So I don't know what to think, except that daydreaming consumes most of my day.
 

I have a dumb question: why is it annoying to take photos of art at a museum? (a serious question)

And I sorely wish I understood your blog anymore!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.