Google

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

Flashbacks from the past #2


By now, y'all are open-jawed and under extreme suspense, asking yourself and each other:

"So, is The JohnnyB really Canadian, Eh?".

Also, some people cannot contain themselves and are about to burst from joy and are having waaaaaaaaaaaay too good a field day over this, so I hear.
And so, for those of you who always seek closure, I feel obliged to report the resolution of the mystery.

As you can imagine, the interview at the INS was followed by murderous looks (on my behalf) and by frantic Emailing and telephoning (on The JohnnyB's).
And - exactly 1 week after that interview, I wrote the following to my friends:

USA TODAY
Thursday, March 13th

* * * BREAKING NEWS * * *
* * * A New Benoit Is Born!!! * * *


(To all of you, my Polish friends - no, it's not what you're thinking...
Relax... you've just wasted one hell of a jump...).


I am happy to announce the official birth of John Andrew Benoit.
Finally.
About 2 hours ago, a FedEx dude knocked on the door and handed me an envelope.
And in the envelope (...tהס פן תעיר, גיל) was the birth certificate from the State Of Minnesota, carrying "The great seal of the state of Minnesota", stating that John was actually born in the city of Baudette, in the county of Lake Of The Woods (what a poetic place to be born in!).

Baby John is feeling well.
More important: he is an American.
He is healthy and happy, very developed for his age, and is about to have his lunch (Burrito, I presume...).
Since he's already spending most of his time at Intel, I think that when he grows up, he'll be an engineer.
















The attached pictures show him held by his anonymous godfather, and with my mother and sister, who are obviously very excited about his birth. Ah, he is so cute in yellow :-)

And - to whom it may concern (or not): No, the Brit will not take place in a week...

Nava

And just in case you wonder:
No, The JohnnyB never ever said: "Y'know, my lovely wife, I might have been wrong".
Not ever.

previous flashback

Labels:


Comments:

JohnnyB is a Canadian who happens to have American citizenship via a technicality.

When are we building the fence?
 

we are building the fence once we reteat from Iraq, No?
Any day now, so they say...
 
Hey - I've got papers to prove I was born in the US, and 1 of my parents is a US citizen.

I deny all rumors that I'm actually a stealth Canadian.

Who do you believe, the Lumberjack w/ a French last name, or someone w/ a made up last name, who's entire family lineage is based upon hiding where he comes from?
 
W-H-A-T ?-?-?

I thought both your parents are American citizens!

Is this yet another one of those Benoit secrets that I am the last one to know about?
(or should I say "abut"?)
 
You should say "aboot" like, "I'm about to put aboot in yer a$$."
 
I didn't quite understand your sudden hostility, till I read your recent rant.

Holiday spirit, Eh?
 
Hang on just a second. Now you're plugging Me, CherkyB in your comments section? After all that complaining about people plugging other blogs in your comments?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.