Google

Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

To B,
or Not To B

So, I did some thinking.

This blogging thing is fun and joy and all, and I am finally doing what many of you kept nagging me to do, for years.

- "It's a wonderful creative outlet", says the voice in my head.
- "It's NOT a waste of time!", echoes another.
- "It keeps your brain alert",
beseeches a third voice.

- "It forces you to sharpen your English", chimes in the voice of reason (Hmm, I don't recognize the latter... must be a newcomer).

And I tend to not argue with those voices.
There are so many of them - and me, I am merely a shrinking (cobalt) violet.

And yet...

So, after more than a week without painting, after going through hoops deceiving myself that I need to recuperate from the 5-day ultra-intensive figure workshop (well, it really was intensive!), after avoiding eye-contact with my studio door, that kept staring at me with sad admonition, behind layers of cobwebs and dust of the neglected, I summoned myself for a serious conversation.
(From time to time, y'see, it feels good to exchange opinions with someone with your own intellectual and emotional level).

After lavishly wallowing in all the pros, the debate quickly arrived at the major cons:
1. It's addictive.

2. It's addictive.
3. It's quite addictive.

Plus, there is the devastating lack of feedback.
Most of you, readers, do not even bother to leave comments, or at least acknowledge the fact that you enjoy what I write; and yet, you keep creeping back, reading quietly without leaving a mark, like wetting a biscuit and eating it quick, so nobody hears your nibbling and asks for a bite.
(I said most of you...)

And still, I continue.

Why?

The first step, they say, is admitting you have a problem.

So, here goes:

My name is Nava, and I am a bloggoholic.

There, I said it.

Labels:


Comments:

You say it like it's a bad thing.
 

It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Some people got banned from blogging, so I hear.
 
Hi. I'm Michael, and I'm a bloggoholic.

My last post was 4 hours ago, and now I gotta go sleep it off.

Keep comin' back!
 
But does it make you blind and legless?

Think I'll go get a Tongue Splitter
 
OK, The JohnnyB, that is just a pathetic desperate cry for help!
You have plugged yourself on 3 blogs today (well, of what I saw)!!

'nough of this Plug-iarism!
 
What's wrong with plugging yourself? Someone's gotta do it.
 
Hi, Bloggaholic:

Blogs - even lengthy ones, if funny, I can take. Pictures I look forward to immensely, but atrocious puns!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONONONO!!

We-e-e-ll - only if they're funny ones!
Valerie

P.S. did you ever find out who the anonymous respondee was??

P.P.S Is there any way of getting that monkey to stop negating!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.