Google

Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

The JohnnyB is very well, thanks for asking...


OK, since I reported of John's sickness, I got several responses (via Email, rather than in the comment section - why, Oh why???) from friends concerned about the well-being of John.

Of JOHN!?!!

What is it with you, people?
You read about his sheer lack of empathy to his wife when she struggles with American viruses, you read of her tea slavery - and that makes you get all worried about him??
Of course he is OK!

He recovered before the posting!

I wouldn't have posted such defamations if he was really feeling bad, would I?
(and not only because I am such a sweet person, but simply because I would be too busy making him tea!
.Like, Duh!?)

And so, I hereby protest with a broken voice:
I am people too!
If you prick me, do I not bleed?
If you step over me, do I not make you tea??
If you don't leave comments, do I not sit alone in the dark and sob?

This brings me to the eternal question about John:
How does he do that?

See, when it comes to my family and friends, the man is a white-winged angel, made of honey and Teflon.
No matter what horrific stories I tell of his blood-curdling acts -
whether it's making me hand him the screwdriver countless times after almost setting the house on fire, or being sick in his unique way, or changing the propane tank with a cigarette in his mouth (lit, of course!) - they always get doe-eyed and chant the mantra "איזה חמווווווווווווד ג'ון" (which, to the Hebrew-illiterate of you, means: "Oh, he is soooooooooo cute!").

One of the ultimate examples is my niece's wedding, 3 years ago.
The JohnnyB and I went through the trouble of flying especially for that occasion, with the involved jetlag and collection of all the passengers' viruses on the way and back, not before I had to go through a long heart-rending plea saga to the INS to let me leave the USA for a couple of weeks (I was in the green card process, and I had to pay and get what they call Advanced Parole - but that's another story).

Throughout the wedding, I took dozens of great artistic pictures of everyone and everything.
As we were enjoying the results, the day after, my niece claimed with true admiration, "Wow, you know, John is such a good photographer!".
And all I could do was gaze at her with my mouth wide open, in sheer disbelief.
You see, I took about 99% of the pictures, with John only taking a couple, enabling me to dance a bit.
Plus, mind you, quite a few of the pictures show John, waving at the camera with the one hand, cigarette in the other - - -
- - -
and yet... he is the one getting the credit of being the photographer.

I wanted to follow the footsteps of CherkyB and have a poll here, but I might be accused of plagiarism, so I hereby ask you, as an open question, and I would appreciate your wise enlightening inputs:

HOW DOES HE DO IT!?

Labels:


Comments:

Nava,
If you haven't figured it out by now... If I may, I'll suggest a few hints and pointers to the answer.
Men can ONLY be "that way" when there are women around,admiring them...
Which means, it is realy a reflection of your actions and doing that you are seeing, by the reactions of other "people"...
They see YOU, and what YOU have made from John... But, they too don't realize that... Especially John... So, the next time someone says something good about John, take pride - It's a mere shalow and distorted reflection of you... If HE looks / seems like a "white-winged angel" -> that means they were looking at a god(ess), through the distorted mirror... :-)
 

Sorry, I didn't understand a word - I don't speak Polish...
:)
 
I think it's just because we "B" men are so wonderful in so many different ways, that when we show yet another talent, it just blows people away!

JimmyB
 
Interesting, how only men responded to this one. I guess all the women are too busty nodding their head in deep understanding.
And obviously, the "B" defense lawyer comes to the rescue :-)
 
Do not underestimate the power of JohnnyB's butt.
 
I'm a B myself... :-)
Bustnay... :-)
 
Tamir,

You may be the only 'B' who's on my side :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.