Google

Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Resurfacing


Dearly beloved readers,


I am finally back to normal life, more or less.

Had this "Painting The Figure in Watercolor" workshop for 5 intensive days (yes, it's a hard life, staring at nude models for 7 hours a day, drawing and painting them... ), squeezed in between 2 Saturdays of a portrait workshop up at the cold north (an hour drive each direction), with our
choral group performance last Saturday - - -

- and all that did not leave much time for blogging, even though the stories just kept heaping.


It was an incredible week, but exhausting beyond description, and yet, I feel so bad for neglecting y'all.

The JohnnyB was in India the whole week, and people were basically divided into two groups: those who were concerned about poor Nava-who-is-alone-for-all-that-time, and those who envied me for having all that time to myself...


The absurd is that it was neither: I didn't have time to be alone, not to mention time for myself.
Yes, yes, some of you who know me wonder why I would want to spend any time with a person such as myself, but from time to time, y'see, I like to have a witty intelligent and fun companion without the need to make that companion tea.
Plus, there's the considerable advantage that when I am having quality time with me, I don't need to switch to English. A huge benefit, when one is tired.

As I blog, The JohnnyB is on his way back from India.
He was supposed to land this afternoon, but he had a 90-minute connection in London, and missed it. (That falls right into the "Duh" category, right?).
So, instead of flying directly from London to San Francisco, the poor guy had to go through the scenic route of London to Vancouver (from where he called me to inform me that his luggage has not made it on the plane and would I pick him up from the airport at 2am***), then go from Vancouver to Las Vegas (and he'd better not miss that connection, as, what happens in Vegas...) and then, only then, to the promised land of the belle San Francisco.

Let's hope that no airborne adventure occurs on any of these flights...

And since I made a resolution to look at the silver lining of everything:
Hey, I don't need to make dinner for the tired traveler.

*** And no, I am not picking him up. Even if I were a congenial high-heeled Stepford wife, I figure Intel can withstand the cost of a cab. Plus, I don't wear high-heels.




Labels: ,


Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Do I feel a hint that my Blog is failing to get attention?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.