Google

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

Vacation!!!


Recently I haven't been really blogging properly.

Purist bloggers might even accuse me of becoming a "meta blogger".

But hey - we are going on vacation tomorrow, and the past couple of weeks have been crazy, trying to finish up some stuff before we leave, and packing, and juggling several commitments at the same time, The JohnnyB at work, and me at the non-money-making domains.


Stress took over.

But this is almost behind us.

We're going to
Grenada, a Caribbean island that looks very unique and fun., and hopefully, not overly-touristy
I only hope we'll make it...
It's a long story, involving the world cup cricket match, a special visa that takes effect starting February 1st, me not having an American passport yet - and the fact that we land there on January 31st, 8pm....
Pretty close, but we are trying to be optimistic and hope that the flights will go smoothly.

And no, we cannot fly a day earlier, as we are flying on mileage (namely, for free), and beggars cannot be choosers.

Finger crossed.

And if we don't make it - we'll just go back to Puerto Rico and have a spontaneous vacation there.
At at rate, I am still amazed that the Caribbean islands are pretty close.
5 years ago, it was just an exositc word, describing a magical place I will probably never experience, as it's so far away. And now - you can get there in less than a day.


Well, you can get there faster if you take direct flights, but - using mileage for flying has its toll, at least when your mileage are in American Airlines.
Like, our connections are longer than our flights, which pretty much sums up to almost 24 hours door-to-door...
(We could have gone to Australia, damn it!)

Anyway - we'll either have a great vacation on this wonderful little island - - -

- - - or I will have a great blog to write.

And, until we are back - y'all are blessed with glorious silence, at least from this neck of the blogosphere...

Labels:


Comments:

Isn't Grenada one of those islands that the great President Ronald Reagan liberated from the commies? Maybe in 20 years you'll be vacationing in Baghdad.

Try to drop in at in internet cafe every now and then to let us know how it's going. Otherwise, we'll worry.
 

blessed by silence?!
No.
I'll miss you.

Have some foo foo island drink and think of us.

;)
 
It looks beoootiful! Can you drink the water there or will you be forced to brush your teeth in beer? Have a great time. What are those weird-looking plants pictured on the link? Looks alien, and possibly tasty... possibly not.
 
I might go for brushing teeth in beer (I am considering to become a beer Church believer)
This plant, I believe, is nutmeg, before it relocated into spice jars... This little island used to provide about a third of the world's nutmeg consumption, before it got hit by Hurricane Ivan in 2004. I think they are starting to recover for that disaster, both the people and the plants.

 
I hope you have a great trip, Nava. You did take your watercolors with you, right, to do some on-location island painting?
 
Have a great holiday nava.

Bcak in January you wished me well for 2007. I think you should be beatified because my temp contract has now been modified to full-time.

I might start praying to you, seeing as you have proved more effective than God

take care

Stew
 
I hear they have very good nutmeg.
 
{-;

Hope y'all are having a blast.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.