Google

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

Wii Are Happy To Announce


Brace yourselves!!

TexieD got the long-awaited and highly-desired and lengthily-dreamt-of Wii!!!

As some of you may recall, TexieD had a one-time appearance as a guest blogger on this blog, and made all our hearts bleed for his excruciating
mishaps.
5 weeks later, he's emerging again (or is it "he is emerging again"???), all joyous and blissful, and I suspected he wants another shot at expressing his view on what's really important in life.

So, here you go, TexieD, in your own words, as emailed to me.

The stage is all yours:


Just when you least expect it, it happens. I come home in the afternoon. All bummed that my flight is delayed by more than an hour. Totally not looking forward to the prospect of driving on icy Austin roads at 1AM. The answering machine is beeping, looking for attention. I ignore it. I pick up the phone and check the caller-id. One call, 7 times. It's Nimay's friends. "The kids these days, they can't figure out that there is nobody home when there is no answer", I say to myself.

I open up my laptop and just like the 7 unanswered calls, I check the American Airlines website about 14 times to see if there is a change in the status of my flight. Still not cancelled, still more than hour late.

I hear the front door open. Nimay and Romir walk in. "Dad you are still here", they exclaim. Shaital checks the answering machine. One short message: "Nimay, we got the Wii". Nimay darts to the phone and calls his friend Shubash. They tell him he has the Wii. We keep nagging him to ask where they got it. Nimay ignores us and continues with his conversation.Next he looks at me and asks me if I will take his friends out for dinner."Dinner?", I ask. "Why?". That's when they tell him that he has a Wii too. I am split between going to the airport to catch my flight and going to Shubash's house to pick up the Wii. I decide to do both. Pick up the Wii first, and then drive to the airport.

So how did Shubash and Sunny get the Wii. Apparently their dad, Raju, was at Fry's. He was standing in line waiting to pay for something when another brother was dancing with glee on getting a Wii. Raju went to the games department and there was a Wii waiting for him. He asked for two and was obviously turned down. So he got one, paid for it, went to his car and put the Wii away. He came back, found another sales guy and snatched the last Wii for Nimay and Romir.

Now you may be wondering why I would write so many words about the Wii. Because this is the thing that literally brought tears to Nimay's eyes.Tears of joy when he heard that he finally had this marvel of modern technology. And because I stood in line 4 times to get it. Something I have never done.

Now, as I wait for my delayed flight, I seem to be OK with it. Go figure.



And so, dear readers, who are ever so thrilled and excited for him, dancing and celebrating in front of your (nicely working, as opposed to ours, thanks-for-asking) monitors:

Don't you think it's about time TexieD got his own blog?

Da man can write, Eh?



Labels:


Comments:

Are you muscling for the $100 AdSense referral? A referral I have yet to collect despite referring 3 people.
 

Never heard of this referral!
??

 
Still need to decide how much to bash TexieD for both buying into rampant consumerism, and for teaching it to Nimay & Romir.

But then again, I don't have to look at his kids and say no, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
 
wiihaveaproblem.com

check it out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.