Google

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

Busy!!! So busy!


Pfffffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I sometimes wonder, when exactly did I turn from a complacent layabout into this hyperactive woman, who is all over the place doing many things - and not having time to do for myself?

Spent all of last week co-organizing the exhibit I so enthusiastically told you about. It was a highly educating, learning and fun experience, especially receiving all the wonderful artworks and hanging them to create what ended up looking a very professional show, but it was immensely time-consuming.

OK now, the show is very well hung (Oh c'mon, grow up! wipe that filthy smile off your face!!!), all I need to do is prepare name tags for the artists for the reception on Sunday, and - I am done.
Well, until we taker the show done, but that's in 3.5 weeks.

"So, now I can do stuff for yourself, right?"

Wrong!

I also got into some web design.
Joined our website committee, and today I got educated by our highly knowledgeable (and highly patient!) webmaster, so I can start doing my share on the website. She enlightened us about DreamWeaver and how to work with it, about our new hosting service and the website in general.

And tonight, the moral dilemma we had regarding multi-installations of my legally-purchased DreamWeaver was finally resolved, after The JohnnyB has graciously taken some time off conquering the world.

Oh, that's his new addiction.
No, he is not turning into Bush.
It's much worse than that.
He got himself the "Civilization 4" computer game, and has disappeared from my life forever, reappearing from time to time to report his last victory over the Orange People after sending Moses to Chicago.
Yes, THE Moses.
Yes, to Chicago.
Why are you giving me this strange look?? Go inquire The JohnnyB.
He won't answer, though.
Too busy with the Yellow People.
They are about to take France away from him.

I guess this habit is better than smoking, but it's less social.
I miss him.

Anyway - The JohnnyB has carefully reviewed the DreamWeaver license agreement, and after I signed with my blood that I shall never ever use the software on the desktop and the laptop in parallel (god forbid!), he installed it on the laptop.

"Why do you need two copies?"

Aha - because of the upcoming no-working-desktop era that I am harbingering.
Not only are we getting a new desktop, it also has Windows Vista, so I foresee a long adjustment period of the computer to us, and vice-versa.
Call me pessimistic.
I won't answer.

So, another big chunk of time is going to be spent on web design.
Again - very fun, very educating, perhaps even very beneficial in the long run - but right now, highly time consuming.

"Yeah, but then you'll have time, right?", you reassure me, dear readers.

Nope.

As this month is also the dreadful month of preparing the roster of all the members of our art society, (over 400 people). It takes forever to prepare, takes forever to make the master copy, as I only did it once, a year ago, and I thoroughly forgot how it needs to be done.

Which means - more time going down the drain in the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and Friday, the one and only free day of this week, there is an art summit, that I should go to as our organization representative.

"And why are I doing all these many things, crazy woman?", you wonder.

'cause I am the upcoming leader of our organization, and thus need to start being on top of things and ramp up and become very knowledgeable very quickly.
W
ell, like, y'know, if I was daft enough to agree to step into the leader's position (as someone so gracefully told me), I'd better do it the best way I can (as I keep telling myself).

And I, alas, am a perfectionist.

So I am struggling to find a way to juggle everything and keep things working, and still not forget that I have a life.
And that I need some time to breathe.
And
have coffee with DaskieM.
And lunch with GaLitttle.

And that I need to paint.
And I want to paint!!!
So much!!!!

Next week I am taking a 5-day workshop with yet another incredible artist, so at least I will have something to post as my shamefully-delayed ArtPact.

"So - - - wouldn't you rather just go back to being the do-nothing layabout?", you wonder.

No.
No way!

For the first time since coming here, I feel that I finally belong, finally useful, finally have a life here.
It's all volunteering, no salary involved (which reminds me: have you clicked today?).

And yet - I finally have my own little world in which I am not The JohnnyB's wife, but rather, he is Nava's husband.

And I guess that's what it's all about.

Labels:


Comments:

good for you Nava!
there's just something about volunteering that is satisfying.
 

:)

That's why I'm slacking off and playing games now. Can only have so much business in the house at 1 time!
 
Rhonda, That's very true. You always get much more than you put in. Still - sometimes...

And,
The JohnnyB - - - well, nice try...
 
Now I'm really confused. You say, "And I, alas, am a perfectionist." Yet, you married JohnnyB.

So which is it?
 
...and your point is?

The JohnnyB IS perfection.

How can he be otherwise, being from Minnesota, "where the women are strong, the men are good looking, and all the children are above average"?

Eh?

 
I don't mean to encourage or endorse bad habits, but nothing should get in the way of the sacking of the dreaded Orange People.
 
Nava as surfer
Balancing on the work flow....
Exhileration!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.