Google

Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

Still Alive...


In case you were wondering.

Been insanely busy all week, helping organize an exhibit.

No, not a solo exhibit.
It's a showcase of the members of our watercolor organization. Well, of those who chose to participate.

Only - for the very first time - this exhibit is not just watercolors.
We decided to enable everyone to show what our members do when they do not dip sable brushes into those juicy colors.

And so, we called the show "No Limits! Whatever...", and announced there are no rules.
Still, mostof the entries were watercolor painitings, but we also got quite a few acrylic paintings, as well as collages, wall hangings, sculptures and photography.

It was a huge amount of work to organize and prepare for the show (took most of th epast week), and we spent all of today hanging it.
And it's not even a big show - only 50 artworks, but it took forever!!

And yet - when we were done hanging and cleaning up, and went out to look at it through the window - I was truly speechless.
It looks stunning, and soooooooooooo very professional.

Just like an art show :-)

So, endlessly tired and with a huge headache, I can proudly say I took a major part in organizing an exhibit - and I definitely want to do it again.

Oh, what do I have in the show?
A collage-thingy of photos I took in Grenada, mostly portraits (well, Duh!), and a sculpture of 3 faces. (Hmm... do we see a pattern here?).
The sculpture is carved limestone.
It's my first one, done 6 years ago in Israel, and I brought it with me when I moved here.

Anyway - if you go by the Redwood City Art Center (Redwood City, CA), do stop by.

Actually, it's worth going there even if you are not in the neighborhood.
The show is there until March 31st.

Labels:


Comments:

I would love to stop in at the exhibit.
I mapquested it and it's 2,137 miles from here. So unless I get a bug to jet set there in the next few weeks I guess I'm gonna have to pass. :(
Maybe next time?
Sounds like all the work was well worth the effort! I love those kind of weeks. :)
 

Ah, C'mon... it's just a little trip to the West Coast.

Yes, it does feel great - I am overdosed with Endorphines.

 
That's awesome, Nava! The logistics of art is one of the most intimidating parts of being an artist. It's easy enough to sit at home and create, but to organize a venue for exhibit is enormous. And I've tried stone before, so I'm very impressed you got stone to make an actual face. way to go!
 
Take some pictures of it for those of us who have too many cats and not enough $$$ to travel.
 
Congrats! And it is just a wee bit far from Dallas, though a short plane ride. :-) Are there photos of the show up anywhere?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.