Google

Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

Do I Need Fixin'?


Found this Ad on my blog a couple of days , and since then, I am pondering: Why should nava.exe be fixed?


Is AdSense wallowing in paranoia these days?

Or did it recently get into the habit of encouraging blog readers to download shady questionable programs?

Or, maybe, it has finally decided that something about me is very, very wrong, and needs fixin'? and not just any regular kind of fixing, but it urges you to do it "Instantly".

How thought provoking. Almost A Little Lunch For Thought™, but not quite.

Perhaps some pre-lunch snack.

Going to crash to bed - it's just after midnight now, and I'm winding down after painting for 3 hours. A third version of Lilush, as today's workshop session was mostly talk and discussion, and hardly any painting.

Which is better, in my humble, as I can always paint at home (as a matter of fact, I prefer that). Whereas if Donna Zagotta herself is in the room, it's much better to listen to what she has to say. And you get a sit-down stand-up comedy for the same price, as she is truly hilarious.

So now "Lilush #3" is drying on the easel. The painting, that is, not the actual Lilush.

The subject of the painting, by the way, sent me her thoughts about the first two paintings, and it took me some good minutes this morning to stop laughing, as I was reading her vehement protest. She wrote it in Hebrew, so I'll try to deliver the spirit of her perceptive Email to English.

Not now, though - I am too tired to even breath!

Oh, and the new toy has arrived this evening!!! Velocity computer, veeeeeeeeeeeery cool looking, with one clear side (covered in plexiglas) that enables you to see how the computer is messing with your mind, blue-lit fans that show through some screen in the front, blue glow-in-the-dark-and-also-not-in-the-dark thingy that lives near the keyboard and does nothing except for glowing, and - - - - a blue T-shirt! I kid you not!!

The JohnnyB, overcome with joy, hooked it to the monitor, sat lengthily in front of it, got cranky beyond belief (well, some of you might believe by now), and went to sleep cussing, leaving the two computers to figure out the data transfer between them. My theory is that our old computer is resentful and will not cooperate with the newcomer. But, somwhow, The JohnnyB is not interested in theories right now. Can't imagine why. Computer-psychology is such a fascinating subject to discuss, don't you think?

My gut feeling: stay tuned for some sighful blogposts...

...And my gut feelings are usually correct.

Labels: ,


Comments:

I agree I think the old puter is just plain jealous. It's kinda like bringing a new baby home.
Everyone has to pretend they still love the older one so they gives it gifts in hopes to preoccupy it.
So throw something at it. :)
 

Needing fixin' isn't as bad as needing killin'.
 
I use my old computer as a test subject. I keep it in a cage. And whenever I look at it, I scribble on a clipboard.
 
Rhonda, I think the old computer is starting to get into the acceptance stage. It's still hooked next to the new shiny one, until we are certain the new one is fully ready. I try to avoid looking it in the eyes.

CherkyB, Not sure I got the profoundness of your wit here

Daniel, that is just mean!
 
Hhmmm... Perhaps that nava.exe is actually an application of some variation of Nava to any problem - computer related, of course - which needs Fixin'...

For instance, did the JohnnyB fall asleep cranky and exasperated, or did Nava fix his attitude (or mellow it at any rate) before sleep closed over and bad dreams went to work?

These are just ways of lookin' at it mind you. I'm really not wanting to know any details here...

And XP SUCKS for file-sharing. It's way too damned "security conscious". Win2000 was the simplest AND easiest OS for peer to peer xfers. I can only imagine that Vista is even worse.
 
Vista is very secretive and takes a while to figure out what it wants from your life.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude (like I have a choice) and tell myself that all I need to do is get used to it.
Since we still have the trial versions of Word and Excel, the little bugger won't let us attach the files created with those and send them via Email. Quite annoying, but we found a workaround, of course :-)

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.