Google

Thursday, August 16, 2007

 

The 5th (Beethoven's And Ours)


Today is our fifth wedding anniversary.

Yes, The JohnnyB and I got married 5 years ago, on the nice sunny Friday of August 16th, 2002. It was the happy ending of the JohNava saga (of which I started to write
here).

What are we doing to celebrate this glorious day? Hmm, nothing really...

The JohnnyB is returning this evening from a conference in Oregon, where he presented a paper he wrote, so he will probably be dead tired. And his laptop crashed during the conference, so he'll also be pissed off. We may be having an informal dinner with Scooter (who's also returning from the very same conference) and his wife and daughter. but I hear The JohnnyB has spread the joy of his sore ruby throat to Scooter, so that's probably out.

Five years. Impressive milestone. Well, it is for me. I didn't make it to five years in my first marriage, and my relationship after that has also lasted less than 5 years (due to a devastating force majeure). So this is quite an achievement.

Now, what does one post on such a day? A day that makes one think and reminisce, recall all the ups and downs, joy and frustration, smiles and grimaces that characterize a marriage, particularly a mixed marriage (and ours is mixed in almost every sense: language, mentality, culture, nationaltiy, religion, gender, character, eye-color - you name it!)?

While cleaning my overloaded mailbox yesterday (reduced it from over 500 messages to under 50!!!), I stumbled upon this movie sent to me a while ago by Amir (Thank You!!).

I think this fits the occasion perfectly, brilliantly capturing it all.



Which reminds me:

A couple of years ago, a friend asked me, "So, when you and The JohnnyB argue, do you do it in English or Hebrew?"

"Ah", I replied graciously, "but you see, we never argue!"

And with that self-delusion, I shall now take the fifth.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:

Congrats,. May your marriage bring out the best in you both for the next sixty years plus.
 

I was trying to come up with something good, but Valerie's comment says it all.

Love you,
 
i am still waiting for part II & III of the JAVA saga.
 
Texeid, well, aren't we all...

One of these days, when I get some time to breath.

 
Awesome, congratulations.
 
It is a meditative feat, five full years of marriage. I know in my case when I reached 5 years it hit me that 'this might be a legitamate marriage.'
 
Excellente!

Congratulations to you guys!
 
Thank y'all! Yeah, I guess we are legit.
 
Congratulations!
I wish Mark and I could take you two out for dinner!
Hope you got some time to celebrate!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.