Google

Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Sentence of The Month: November


Sentence of the month:
(said to my very, very astonished ears 17 minutes before the month ends).

"So, when you refer to me, you can just call me JohnnyB.
You don't have to use 'The JohnnyB'".

Speechless.


Utterly speechless I am.

And so very touched.


Overwhelmed.

By the graciousness.

Forgive the staccato.

I am all choked.
Practically on the verge of tears of gratitude.

Alas, I am so torn apart.

Temptation calls and allures, but then again, I am so uncertain:

Can I really toss aside all formality, omitting the The, just like that?


Am I truly ready for such closeness?

For that level of familiarness?
Even intimacy, I dare say?

I mean, even CherkyB, as consumed as he might be by his peculiar fascination with the rear end of the subject of this contemptaion, does not allow himself to omit the 'The'.

And - who am I to do so?

Ah, the excruciating conflict!

Only a haiku can express my erupting emotions:


JohnnyB. No "The"?!
My cup has runneth over.
Need to clean the mess.
...next Sentence of The Month

Labels: ,


Comments:

JohnyB is absolutely right.
I mean, have you ever heard of "The God"?
There is only one, so "the" is not necessary.
It is basic English.
 

Bewildered Nava
Formality now over
What can she cling to?

Friends now will rally
Showering with helpful blogs
Tongues firmly in cheeks
 
I must stay - I have never read a Haiku that made coffee shoot out of my nose before. My nose has never been so awake and caffeinated.
 
Gal, what an adequate analogy: The JohnnyB and The God.
And where did you get permission to deprive The JohnnyB of his second 'n'?
Anarchy seems to rule these days.

Valerie, Thanks for the sincere and heart-warming show of sympathy. Perhaps that's how Nitzku got his cheeks?

And -
Lorraine, you do bring a new refreshing meaning to "wake up and smell the coffee".
 
Just so you know - I prefer:
JohnnyB
His Grumpiness
His Buttness

Or, the best - less talking, more bringing me beer.

:)
 
Oh, really?!?

I can practically hear all the readers go "Ooooooooooooo...".

But all I have to say is this, The JohnnyB:
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
And y'know us, Attia women.
We have a very, veeeeeery long memory.
We also have the best recipe book for revenges. In all kinds of temperatures.

...and I shall keep it at that.

 
Since you're up, can you grab me a beer, too? Not one of those crappy one's The JohnnyB makes. A real one.

Back at work, when JohnnyB started trying to make us all call him The JohnnyB, we all started calling him The Dumbass instead. You can try that. *




* Certificate of truth does not apply to things not posted directly on Me, CherkyB. Please see terms and conditions.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.