Google

Monday, December 11, 2006

 

TexieD. Emerging Blogger?


The other day, TexieD sent me this short story about his hardship in life, trying to get the Nintendo Wii (whatever that might be) for his two sons. Ah, the things parents need to go through these days in order to make little kids happy.

I laughed.
I cried.
And I asked his permission to share it with y'all.

Amazingly enough, I didn't even get a complicated recipe to prepare in return, nor was sent to look for rare ingredients. what a relief!...

OK, I'll shut up now.
Here it is, for you to enjoy

Written, typed and sent to me by TexieD.
His words, his font.

The ultimate heart breaker

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I was certainly angry. Angry at my luck.

I got up early, got myself a coffee and proceeded to Target. The person at Starbucks asked me why I was up so early on a Sunday. I told her my story and she wished me luck. It was bone chilling cold but I was prepared. I wore a t-shirt underneath a long sleeve shirt. As I drove up to the Target parking lot, I saw the long line. "No tents", I said to myself. This looks promising. So I proceeded down the end of the line. The people at the end told me that they were number 53 on the list and the store is getting 51. I said I have been there and we are doomed. Despite the odds I still put my name on the list as an alternate. The guy keeping the list told me I was alternate number 8. "No chance", he exclaimed. I stood in line anyways. We exchanged stories about what we had done so far to get a Wii. The people in line were jealous of my coffee because they didn't have one. The conversation is good and time flies by. Then the guy from Target comes out and says he is going to hand out tickets. Some one in the line mentions "the list". The Target man says that he doesn't care. He is not going to use no stinking list. He starts handing the tickets one by one. He gets much farther down the line than I had expected. Number 52 gets a ticket. Number 53 gets one. I see another ticket in the Target guy's hands. My heart starts racing. I am excited. Just as I was extending my hand to get that little piece for red paper that would make Nimay and Romir happy, Number 53's husband steps in and grabs the last ticket. What a bummer! I am crushed.

In the spirit of persistence, I continued to stand in line. The store opened promptly at 8 A.M. The line was moving at a rapid clip. Several minutes later, I was at the head of the line. Number 53 walked up to get his unit. He looked behind and signaled to me that there was one more left. Here we go again. More palpitations. There is confusion. The manager can't figure out how he can have one left. I keep reminding him that I am next in line and should get it. He ignores me. Right then two old ladies come from nowhere and hand over two red tickets to the manager. Uh! Oh!! We go from surplus to deficit in an instant. So what do I do know? Well the next best thing, Wii! I went to the bathroom and Wii'ed to my hearts content.

Again: the written work of TexieD.

So - what say you:

Should he get his own blog, or what?

Labels:


Comments:

It is certainly a The JohnnyB-quality post. So, no, he shouldn't get his own blog.
 

Y'know, I sometimes find myself standing in awe, how in one short sentence you manage to insult two people.

But then, very quickly, the awe goes away, as most times, you insult many more.

You are a sweet, gentle and (thankfully...) rare soul, CherkyB.

 
Silly foreigner, it was two sentences.
 
I cannot believe you actually wrote that!

Oh, you mean you don't know?

At this time of year, due to the horrendous persecutions in Beit Yitzhak, we are refraining from counting the even sentences.
It has to do with typology and Kaballah numerology.

You really should check with someone before you make fun of someone else's religion, especially on painful occasions such as that one.
Has to do with mutual respect, y'know.

 
מעורר רחמים...
 
In the name of Kabbalah and the Holy Ghost, I hereby announce that the only sentences that are worth counting are those written in the Sacred Book of Blind Io.

You ignorant infidels...
 
In the spirit of Hanukka forgivingness (remember how the Macabbees forgave their enemies??) I would suggest to put grievences aside and get back to the main topics at hand:

1. What is a Wii and why would anyone want one that bad?

2. How are American queues organized (who can crash a line with impunity and how does she do it?)

3. Should we encorage TexieD to stop doing anything else and take up blogging fulltime? And how will that impact my stock options?
 
In the Spirit of the Wee Morning Hours, I declare it time for another cup o' joe.

And for TexieD to start a blog already.

RAmen

oh, and Happy Holidays, or sumpthin'... {-;
 
Wow! I am amazed that the little write-up to demonstrate descriptive writing to my kids would garner so many comments, with references to Madonna's religion added in for good measure.

For the lucky few who are uninitiated in the world of gaming (hi amir), a Wii is the latest game console from Nintendo. It is the followon to the Game Cube.

TexieD may start blogging soon. He is likely to have plenty of time on his hands in a few months if he can't find a job closer to home.

Nava, did you realize that you used the exact same words for CherkyB that most people use for the JohnnyB? What's wrong with you?

So the next Wii stop is on Sunday. This time I am thinking of hiring someone from the Home Depot parking lot and paying him to stand in line for me. $50 should do the trick. But wait! What if he is tech savvy and decides to keep the Wii and sell it on Ebay for $550? That's a tidy $300 profit for him. Much more than the $50 I'd pay him.
 
OK, TexieD, let me initiate you into the concept of blogging.
Y'see, Um... the idea is to, well... like, get your own blog.

I know that some bloggers tend to do the cuckoo takeover on others' comments sections, which might have led you to the wrong assumption that such behavior is proper.
But - are you sure you want them to be your role model?

...and you're already referring to yourself in third person - and then back to first...
The JohnnyB's confused personality has definitely become conTejas!

"Madonna's religion"??
Excuse me???????????????
That pointy-breasted chick gets into some trendy whim, and suddenly it's
her religion?
Pfffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

 
TexieD - As people have noticed, when CherkyB ain't around, I'm as close to CherkyB as you'll find in our little circle of hell.

Yep - pitiful. But it is what it is.

CherkyB - Scooter says Hey. We were out to lunch today, and I was doing a bore-rant on something, and after a minute he said "I really miss CherkyB."

Nice.
 
There is no pleasing Nava!! First she complains about people not posting comments to her blogs. Then when someone does post a comment she tears them apart for using the wrong space. Pfffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I wonder if she is an Intel manager?

So Nava, except for the little blurb on the next wii stop, everything else was a response to comments from your fan club.

And when people embrace a religion they generally refer to it as "my religion". Hence the usage "Madonna's religion". She has embraced Kaballah, practices it, and publicizes it. At least that's how it works in the English speaking world. I am beginning to see why CherkyB uses terms like "silly foreigner"
 
Now that I'm widerer awakerer I can say that I really like your blog, Nava. It even has Advertisements for womens' underwear, which is, like, cool. Reminds me of being a grade-schooler again.

Much as do some o' the convos 'round hyar.

{-;
 
Thank you, MB!
Obviously, I have no control over the Ads that you get - if they make you blissful, I'm happy ;-)

As for the impressive maturity level 'round here, well - I have no control over that, either.

{Big, big sigh...}

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.