Google

Saturday, December 09, 2006

 

The Unbearable Unfairness Of Life


By now, I am used to the fact that most of you, readers, don't bother to leave your impression on my blog.

A few of you, when feeling especially generous, may click once with a feeble finger, and then disappear until the next post.
Fewer of you choose to stay in the shadows and respond just to me, in a personal way, when a post does it to you. I respect and appreciate that.
And even fewer, rare readers, actually leave a comment and bring joy to my heart.

As for the non-bothering majority, well, what can I say?
Other bloggers would go as low as referring you to insightful site.
But not me.
I am above it.
Plus, it's stolen from a post of another blogger, which is something I never ever do.

And yet, from time to time, one finds herself sitting down and putting all her might, energy and English into a post, editing and re-editing it, polishing it to perfection, and pretty much making it into a
masterpiece.

And then one waits. . .

. . . And waits. . .

. . . . . . And hardly anybody bothers to spit in its general direction, nor leave a comment.


Not even The JohnnyB!!!

Only two rare saints among the indifferent crowd (Thanks, Gal and Rhonda!), and three others (Thanks, DaskieM, LazieH and BlaineyC), in a less-public way.

And then comes The JohnnyB and effortlessly posts a
hit.
Y'know, Just like that.

It's a harsh, harsh world!

Labels: ,


Comments:

You know, while guilt may be useful in manipulating your husband, and one might note, there are certain mentions in the literature of it being used to manipulate children from time to time, it isn't all that useful in manipulating your readers.

Now, I don't know you all that well, but I guess - just guessing mind you - that you are being facetious when you note how easily The JohnnyB posts a hit. I say this as you have linked to a post with is nothing more than a link to someone else's YouTube video, a video that at best might give you a wan smile and then be cataloged away in that little folder of your brain titled, "And The JohnnyB thinks he's the funny one?" A post that has, as of right now, 0 comments. Which is more than it deserves.

If you really want a hit on your hands, you should link to this one.
 

I am trying, really trying, to put it very, very gently.
Please do bear with me if I fail. Y'know, the Oh so high impassable hurdle of a foreign language.
It's tough.

And yes, I know it's not an easy concept to comprehend, and you might argue this is yet another liberal fascistic idea, but:
There is more to life than barfing.
There really is.

 
You really shouldn't mumble when you talk. I can't hear a word you're saying.
 
People have a life. Most of us are not waiting with bated breath for the next posting from the great ar-tee-st. It's not like I can get a Nintendo Wii and make my kids happy by reading or posting to your blog.
 
Dearest anonymous, who's identity I shall not expose for now.
Don't mess with TexieD.
Oooops!... did I just write that?

I am so humbled by you esteeming me as far as to call me "The Great Arteest".

What an honor!

And yet, no need to overdo it. Really.
You can just call me "The Great". That'd be fine.

So, early morning tomorrow, yet again, at the Target gates?
Can't believe you are playing into this Wii hype! Hope you have better luck this time.

If all fails, you can always make your kids happy by showing them what CherkyB considers a hit in his comment.
They might appreciate the sense of humor.
They seem to be just the right age...

 
'Tis the time before Christmas
And all through my house
The workload is piling,
Plus guilt from my spouse.
There's dust on the windowsills
Fluff 'neath the bed,
I haven't baked cookies
Or rich Christmas bread.
My cards are not written,
My presents aren't wrapped,
My Grandchild's quilt's nowhere,
Dad's lap quilt's unlapped.
My face is more wrinkled
With fatigue my eyes baggy
My head's more grey sprinkled
My figure's more saggy
But please understand me,
My heart is not built
To contain one additional
Stress, task or guilt!!
I sympathize, Nava,
Your treatment's a crime,
But I'll answer blogs later,
Just now I've no time!!!
 
Valerie - I am speechless.

If that's how you write when you are so busy - then w'all are waiting with bated breath to see what you do when you DO have the time.

 
And I'll argue w/ CherkyB - I think a woman whacking a guy with a frying pan is funnier than projectilve vomit.

They're both juvenile humor, I just found the 911 call funnier.

But, maybe Brian likes all of those Bulemia ads on his blog, and he's trying to get them here too...
 
The JohnnyB, no need to wiggle apologetically.
The 911 one is funny.
Period.

Plus, after watching so many episodes of the one and only Little Britain, we yawn at the face of projective vomiting.

 
There no accounting for taste.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.