Google

Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

Blogger Summit - Canceled.


I'll go ahead and admit it: I am quite disappointed.

CherkyB is in town, and The JohnnyB and I were supposed to go out drinking with him, maybe even have some of his blog characters join.

Actually, I know most of his blog characters who live here.

I have met the very nice Siqimo one day as I was visiting The JohnnyB at work.
And BrainkyP used to be The JohnnyB's boss (so I had to be nice to him, Eh?), and I have met StinkyJ about 14 years ago, when he came on a business trip to the land of milk and honey, and turned the heads of all the Israeli girls with his blond hair and his stories about his red Corvette.

BrainkyP was also quite a head turner amongst the lasses of Israel.
(countdown for a big-head joke: 3... 2.. 1...).


There's something about them American guys, apparently, that we Israeli women find alluring.
Until we marry them and they start breaking computers and asking for tea.

Anyway - would have been cool to meet the smartass behind the blog.
Also, I kept fantasizing about good face-to-face paybacks for some ultra-snarky comments, as well as the blogs that will follow.


But, with The JohnnyB being in the tea-demanding state(*), it was all canceled.
I mean, maybe some drinking did take place, but I was not there, and this blog is about me.

Alas, the blogosphere shall not be enriched by this summit.
And, to CherkyB, I remain "NavieA-B . . . the only one on the list whom I have never met".

Well, at least he got away from
being killed with my bare hands and being smacked by The JohnnyB.
Blessing in disguise, Eh?

Or is it?


(*) In fairness, I have to say that The JohnnyB has not asked for tea even once during this sickness session.
- - Apparently, he used all his frequent-teaer mileage and upgraded to asking for dinner.

Labels: ,


Comments:

There quite possibly was a bit of drinking. I'm not saying for sure.
 

Y'know, we have beer at our house too.
 
Sorry for all the deleted comments. I was trying Cherky's super secret patented way of smuggling information to you. :)
 
And obviously you failed.

See the comment I left for you on Walkin Wife blog, with clear instructions, that do work (as opposed to CherkyB's).

 
Hey, I would like to point out that my instructions work perfectly as long as someone has comment notification turned on. It figures this bunch would mess it up.
 
It actually worked. I thought BloggieA (hey, I am allowed to give nicknames) was trying to plug-in a link like w'all love to do, but then I saw that she smuggled information to me, which worked just fine.

So, as painful as it is for me to write: yes, I admit, it is a brilliant idea, CherkyB.

 
Not to change the subject or anything but:

WHAT?!? You're israeli!?

I thought you were australian or something. I could have sworn English was your first language. Now I'm reeeeaaly in awe of you.
 
That's 'cause you don't hear my accent! The benefits of the written word.

Hebrew is my comfort language. English makes my tongue muscles ache!

 
I know... exhausting.
 
I always have a difficult time when meeting fellow blog authors. I spend most of the time staring off and repeating, "Wouldn't it be nice if life had an 'edit post' button?" It's the sort of remark that gets old after a while.
 
Laughing. further comment will wait until i meet the character....
Good Luck with the show (OK,so iread two bologs in one shot)and enough for self pitty.
 
Ah, but Yaeli, blogging is all about self-pity and venting.
Otherwise, why bother?

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.