Google

Friday, April 13, 2007

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - - -



To me.


Last year, I got an Email from an artist friend, an incredible woman who is looking life in the face, despite the struggles she has been going through since she was born,
And in that mail, she informed us all that it is her birthday, and what she plans to do on that day.

And I just loved the way she did it: so naturally straightforward.
Instead of waiting for people to remember and then get disappointed by those who didn't know or didn't remember or didn't bother, she was just announcing to the world that this is her day. Period.

And, come to think of it: why not?

And so: today is my birthday.

April 13th.

Yup - Friday the 13th.

In Jewish tradition, 13 is considered to be a good number (yeah, we are a bunch of weirdoes).

So, what's gonna be special about today?
Not quite sure, and no big plans.
As the years pass (Ah, I sound so ancient), I am realizing more and more that the best days are those in which I simply do the small things that I love.
And so, no major shopping spree in boutiques (on a second thought, perhaps I'll buy myself one of my dream sable brushes? or an outrageously redundant yet stunning paint tube?), no fancy lunches (although DaskieM has graciously offered, but I really wanna paint!), no dramatic looking-back and big resolutions.


None of that.

I am simply planning to enjoy a relaxing day.


Maybe sleep in, hopefully paint (I have this photo I took on our last vacation, that's haunting me for a couple of weeks now, and is pleading to be given birth onto paper, and I just started to prepare my own collage paper, which is beyond exciting, so I really want to give it a go!), and tonight is the reception for our group show at a real nice cafe, which is always a fun event.

Two of my closest friends have already called to congratulate me on getting older, and I also got a cheery Email from Yev (whose birthday is tomorrow!), so I am already birthdaying along.

And The JohnnyB seemed suspiciously calm today and is now serenely snoring, even though no package has arrived at the house.
So I am very, very curious...

Labels: ,


Comments:

I'm so excited! I get to offer you your first blog birthday wishes: Happy Birthday!!! (usually, you've already got half a dozen comments by the time I get to read your blog)
 

Happy Birthday! Yes, I think it's a good idea to just tell people. It's too hard to remember everyone's birthday, so no use getting hurt feelings over something like that.
 
Happy Birthday! Mine was Sunday, and, as happens most years, it fell during Pesach, so we had to postpone going out to dinner for a few days. Not a big deal as an adult, but as a kid those Pesadich birthday cakes left a lot to be desired. Have a great day!
 
Happy Birthday Nava!! Maybe dinner this weekend?
 
Thanks, all early birds :-)

Plainbellied, you really are sweet! :-)

Blueberry, words of wisdom, but it's sometimes so easy to take things too personally...

EE - Passover cakes... that's quite depressing!
Well, my birthday fell on the Holocaust Memorial Day once or twice - even less fun.

And, to Anonymous: sure, dinner! but, like, who are you?

 
"And The JohnnyB seemed suspiciously calm today and is now serenely snoring, even though no package has arrived at the house."

But a package did arrive at the house a few days ago, and I gave you what was inside...

You mean buying something so that the computer would be faster, and giving it to you for 5 seconds before I installed it doesn't count as a wonderful birthday gift?

[Now - am I really insulted? Or maybe it's all part of my devious plan to build up suspicion that there is no other gift? Or maybe there is no other gift, and I'm a big idiot who's trying to make you think I want you to think there is no other gift, but there is no other gift? Maybe there should be a poll to see what's really going on!]
 
For your birthday I clicked many times on the wonderful ads for cutting machine (new and used).

Happy birthday,
Ziv
 
Ziv, you are a true friend... :-)

And, The JohnnyB - no trying to mess with my mind! I refuse to be stressed today!!

 
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! ! !

:)))
 
Awesome!! Happy birthday!! *cheers*
 
May your next year be so outstanding, so amazingly creative, so full of joy, fun. love and surprises that you're breathless until next April 13.

Happy Birthday, friend Nava
 
And a happy birthday....to you. It is quite a feat, making another trip around the sun. How it makes me wish for the good old days when the Earth was considered the center of the universe.
 
Nava
I'm a day late. :(
Still,
my wish for you is to be able to get your hands on that most longed for (almost but not quite coveted) paint brush!
I also wish for your year ahead many relaxing days spent doing what you love to do!
Happy Birthday my newest dear friend.
 
Happy birthday!
 
And thank you to the not-so-early-yet-also-highly-very-appreciated birds.

MB, I think you are trying to subtly wish me to be happy? Did I get that right?

Blogauthor, THANKS!!

Valerie, not quite sure I like the breathless part, as I would like some more tranquil days, but that's a great blessing!

Daniel, Yup, was much easier to get older by staying in one spot and have the world revolve around us...

Rhonda, it is pretty much coveted, I have to admit... and yes, I do wish for more relaxing days.

And - welcome aboard, Wheeler!!! Thanks!!

 
Whew! Glad ya caught that, Nava. I wasn't positive it wasn't too oblique.

{-;
 
Happy Birthday!
 
מזל טוב !!!
 
Happy Birthday! Hope it was great!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.