Google

Monday, April 02, 2007

 

Sentence of The Month: April


Got a winning response to my Passover post from 'RIK (who, being the introvert type, chooses to reply via email rather than comment on the blog itself; which deprives the blogoshpere from some very enjoyable comments).

He checked with me that the
Seder is indeed tonight, and I reprimanded him that even The JohnnyB is a better Jew than he is.

Why's that funny? 'cause The JohnnyB is anything but.

To which 'RIK responded immediately, without even blinking:


"I think that The JohnnyB must have been abandoned by his real, Jewish parents and set adrift down the Rochester River in a basket made of reeds...
Of course, I don't know what my excuse is!!"

And why's that funny? 'cause it's the traditional story of Moses, who was set adrift on the Nile river in a basket and found by Pharaoh's daughter.
Pfffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrr, it sucks having to explain everything to y'all.
But then again, I am all about blog education.

Anyway, 'RIK's version of The JohnnyB's origins is quite intriguing, and might shed a new light on the lack of birth certificate that the INS was so upset about, as reported here.

previous Sentence of The Month... ...next Sentence of The Month

Labels: , , ,


Comments:

Where is the Rochester River?
 

I laughed. It's funny.
 
Rochester River, y'know, the one flowing between Buffalo Lake and Syracuse Falls.
Hey, what do you know, they actually do refer to Rochester River in the literature.

 
Rhonda, yes, 'RIK can be quite funny.
 
The picture has been added since I last saw...I about spit out the sip of coffee I just took!

:)~
 
Wow! The last two posts make me wanna run out and get a Drive-By-Circumcism or some other sort o' festive Hebraity. (Hebrewity? Zionisticality??? {-;)

la Chaim!

.. and may the Bunny be Fluffy for Passover for all y'all!
 
Apologies to Rhonda.
I got artistic in the small hours of the night...

Ain't he lookin' cute?

 
"make me wanna run out and get a Drive-By-Circumcism"

MichaelBains, that brings some painful images to one's mind.
Why don't you, instead, like, get a Hebrew teaching book? Less bloody, more beneficial.

I'd call it Jewishity.

 
...get a Hebrew teaching book?

Hhmmm... Been there. Done that. Well, same for the whole C-bit as well, but enough of that topic... :-)

Jewishity??? You sure about that one? Jewicity maybe?

Awwww... ne'ermind. I'm stickin' with simple silliness for you Nava dear.

How was Elijah, btw? Did he make it to Seder? Hope all went well and wonderfully, regardless.
 
So, you went for the Drive-thru C-bit... Cool. This opens such a vast field for intriguing debates, but we won't go there.

So - between this and giving Hebrew a chance - are you, may I ask, like, Hmm... y'know, one'f us long-nosed peoples?

Elijah says Hi.

 
I was going to comment on my picture, but don't want my name associated with the whole drive by circumcism question...

So there, I'm not commenting.
 
Scared, are we?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.