Google

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

 

OK, Who Was It?


'cause I know for a fact that one of you washed their car yesterday.
(*)

Otherwise, how do you explain the fact that it's raining here today???

July 18th- - - and it's raining.

In California.

Makes no sense at all.

But it's so cool - well, literally as well.

Feels weird to suddenly have the sensation of first rain, with the fresh scents of wet soil and happy flowers and clean air and perfect visibility. It's giving the illusion of a new season for a couple of hours, shaking you out of the it's-too-warm-to-do-anything mood.

And so, after way too long a time, I'm going to paint now!

(*) Can't be me. I have the perfect alibi - my car is in the garage, getting some new fancy-priced parts, 'cause some weird-named thingy is not doing whatever it needs to be doing, and thus the water pump and thermostat are being replaced. As well the air vent unit. Plus a VW recall for a break light.

Labels:


Comments:

Weatherblogging again?

I didn't wash my car. Or my truck, since I don't actually have a car. It needs to be washed, but it rains for 20 minutes nearly every day, so there's no point.
 

Wasn't me .... my car is always completely disgusting. I have too many other things to do, like sneeze. :)

I am so far behind in blog reading, I'm going to go catch up on yours now....
 
So, WHO was it?
 
'Snot me! Well, not in the last two weeks, anyhow. And it only started raining here (first time in WEEKS) early Thursday morning.

It was great though. As you described, it had got muggy as all get out here on the Erie shore, and the day long drizzle didn't do much to cast that off. Then, around 6 o'clock or so, the sky Opened Up and it started pouring! w00t!

After about 1/2 an hour of that, the temperature had dropped 10 degrees and the Sun came out. It's been perfect ever since.

(BTW, thanks for checkin' on me. Alive an' kickin' I am! Glad to see you are 2!)
 
I heard on the radio today that it has rained here for 27 days in a row. Seems like more than that. Plus it has cooled things down (especially if you are wading through flood water). It only got up in the 80s yesterday, which broke the record for lowest high temperature on July 19th here... like, EVER! Weird weather everywhere.

I just use the hillbilly car wash. It's called "going for a drive".
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.