Google

Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Apartheid on Blogger!


So, there's a lot of noise these days about Jimmy Carter's new book, that blames Israel of Apartheid.
Haven't read the book, and despite my resentment to waste my time, I am actually contemplating to do so.

For two reasons:
One would be pure curiosity about the amount of bullshit that one person can produce in order to come up with a easily provocative bestseller, no matter what consequences it may cause.
And two, well, if I bump into a someone who actually buys into the pearls of wisdom that he wrote, I should be able to intelligently converse on that.
I mean, if I am fated to live here, I might as well bring enlightenment to those who have actually never ever been to the place of controversy, and yet are so easy to judge.

Eh?

But until then, I wanted to protest, vehemently and furiously, against something much more real, that's rooted in actual facts (as opposed to Carter's book...).
The apartheid on Blogger in the last couple of days.

Until not too long ago, there was a nice co-existence between those of us who are sticking to the initial good old Alpha version of Blogger, and between those who have their heart set on progress, and thus switched to Beta, renouncing tradition בעבור נזיד עדשים.
(sorry, unilingual peoples. Sometimes, English just doesn't have the right phrase!).

We would read their blogs, they would read ours.
They would leave comments on our blogs, and we would leave our profound insights for them, cussing the annoying "secure items" stupid pop-up that asks us existential questions.
But we were happy.
Happy, I tell ya.

And content.

And - all of a sudden, the world has changed.

We, the unwashed masses who use Alpha, have found out that we can no longer leave comments with our blog ID and picture on the esteemed comment sections of Beta bloggers.
Whereas they, they keep leaving comments with their IDs and smirking pictures on ours.
Like, we can barely leave a link to our website, by going for the 'Other' option. Sometimes we need to sink as low as to using 'Anonymous'.


Is that their way to push us to switch to Beta, too?

This so reminds us all of the infamous
Hellenism, which has led to the whole story of Hanukka.
And we all remember who won...

And so, I say No!

NO to forced-Betaism!!

I am joining CherkyB in
boycotting Beta.
WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!

I mean, what's next?

Veto our ability to leave comments at all?
Force us to use only Courier font?.
Make us serve tea to Beta bloggers?

Hmm... wait a second...

- -

- - - AHA!

- - - - I think I have finally got it!!!

The JohnnyB is a Beta.
Yours truly is merely an Alpha.

I think we have a problem.

. . . excuse me for a while.


Labels:


Comments:

We're not alpha. We are release-quality. The beta people have et to rise to out level of quality.
 

Yeah, well, uhm...
I guess I am a bit overloaded, being at
the highest form of intelligence and all.
(No, I would never be as arrogant to claim that!
These are the very wise words of paintermon!

OK then, exuding quality, that's what we are.

 
Nava, don't you watch National Geographic?
In nature, it is the Alpha male and Alpha female who have all the power.
Of course, in real life, those who master technology and knowledge have all the power...
 
Apparently (and as I was just so graciously reminded), National Geographic is right.

I always knew they are more than just pretty faces...

 
Just skip it and go straight for Gamma! Delta Force, not far behind!

I found it to be pretty painless to convert, and I have more features now, like "labels" even though it was a pain to go back and annally add labels to 600 posts as though I had nothing more important to do. [sigh]

It's a good idea to save your template as a text file if you convert, and I have a feeling they will automatically convert the alphas while they are not even looking. You will be assimilated.
 
telling ya...prob good to read the carter book but your blood pressure will rise.
 
that would be "for a pottage of lentiles".
 
Who are you, Oh dear bilingual anonymous?
Yeah... I know the literal translation.
I just wasn't very much into explaining the profound meaning behind it.
But after Googling it just now, I found there actually is a phrase: mess of pottage.
Thanks for the inspiration, then.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.