Google

Friday, May 18, 2007

 

ArtPact #20


Side by side with the creativity spree that I got into - I am gradually starting to get more in the pre-trip-frenzy mood.

I spent hours in toy stores this past week, trying to find the most perfect gifts for my great-nephews. (I have 5 great-nephews. Yes, great-nephews, as in offsprings of my two nephews and one niece. And no, I am not 80 years old. Five great-nephews. 4 boys and one girl. That means 5 gifts!). This quest for the holy gift is exhausting - especially when I know that the toys are likely to be ignored, and the boxes and gift receipts will be played with for generations...

I am down to one last gift to get, for the oldest of them (a 4.5 year-old), who is crazy about Spiderman and the Ninjas, but I Refuse to get into this hype (OK, one T-shirt), so I am trying find a fun game for him.

All this, plus creating a flyer for the upcoming show of our critique group, plus the need to frame two paintings, one for that show, and the other for another show, plus the fact I have not yet even started to pack - do not quite contribute to my peace of mind and serenity these days, and I feel that I really need to shorten my To-Do list by actually doing some of the tasks on it, before I can leisurely sit in my studio and enjoy the creation of another collage (which is what I am dying to do!!).

And tomorrow I have another portrait workshop with WackieM!!!

Anyway - - - last week I decided it's time to choose a painting for an upcoming show, themed "Summer Days". I picked one of my "Christina" series (the 20- paintings I created the second time I took the Watercolor Beyond The Obvious class). I was sooooooooooooooo proud of it a year ago, but now it looked wimpy, unfinished, hesitant and very very wrong.


I knew it needed more work.

And so, about a year after I created it, I put the painting back on the easel, worked on it here and there. . .


. . . four days later, it turned out as this:

"Global Warming", Watercolor on W/N CP Paper, 29" x 21"

Which I like. A lot!

It's really cool to look at the before version with nostlagic reminiscing of where I was then, and then, from the after, get a sense of where I am today, and the journey I have traveled in between.

And speaking of traveling, time to run (yet again) to yet another toy store, and then mat and frame this painting, which - as y'all know - I dread.



previous ArtPact ... ...next ArtPact

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Just Beautiful art work.. thank you so much for your kind words on my blog, I am really going through a rough patch. I appreciate your kindness..
 

"Global Warming" I love it- very powerful. You should make a second copy with Spiderman coming to save her for your grand-nephew!
 
what a passionate piece Nava.
Completely lovely!

good luck at the toy store...Kids are usually so easy to please...the'll love whatever you give them. :)
 
Capucine C, Thanks! I do hope things start to look up for you.

Tony, welcome to my blog. Actually, I cannot get the credit for the title, as it was the brilliant idea of a friend of mine. As for painting Spiderman... Hmm... :-)

Rhonda - Thanks!! She looks even better matted and framed on our bedroom wall. I almost don't want to put her in the show.
I have found the last gift, so I am much more relaxed now. Kids usually love to play with the wrapping paper, at least the ones in my family ;-)

 
thanks for saying such nice things about my oil paintings on my blog. Glad i got to see your rich, expressive and colorfull work. So much incredibly talented art out in the blogosphere, it's good to keep it alive and well.

be good,
Todd
 
Global Warming... the painting reminds of our typical summer heat... except it's only going to get hotter and hotter every year until life itself is impossible... [sigh]. Very nice, and very... HOT looking.

Kids that age always like candy. Their parents may not like them having candy, but...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.