Google

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

 

Sentence of The Month: May

After a great dinner, courtesy of the JohnnyB, we had a lengthy discussion about the difficulties that my beloved sister is having with a certain game-playing bitch (yup, amazingly enough, those exist even in the promised Land of Milk and Honey! Who'd have thunk!?).

We sat outside on the patio, watching the heat waves go by (it's been soooooooooooo damn hot here in the last couple of days!!), while our resident freaky carpenter bee keeps trying to become my new best friend.

After that, we washed the dishes, I vented a bit more, and then retired to my studio, my head still occupied with all the incredible insights The JohnnyB has provided.

I kept thinking how wonderful it is to have such conversations with him, and - with this in mind - I came out of my studio (anything, ANYTHING to postpone facing an empty new sheet of paper!), and stepped into the living room, where The JohnnyB was already watching 'The Sopranos'.

"Thank you", I said with genuine appreciation. "It is so sweet that you care so much! You really do care, don't you?"

"Of course I care!!", he said, all the kindness in the world in his benevolent eyes. "Uhm... care about what!?...."


Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... never in the history of mankind has a man gained so many points - and then lost them all in a fraction of a second.


Curiosity killed the cat, and sheer honesty is killing any chances of The JohnnyB's to get credit.

Ever.

previous Sentence of The Month... ...next Sentence of The Month

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Get him the shirt CherkyB has - it says, "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I'm not listening."
 

Yeah. Or maybe one of these.
 
Both ideas accepted with tears of gratitude... Christmas gift is hereby resolved!
 
that sentance sounds all too familiar in this house...
see it comes so natural for him that he doesn't know the wonderfulness of himself.
 
I spelled sentence wrong...oopsy
 
Et Tu, Rhonda?
Falling for the charms of The JohnnyB, no matter what he does?

Sigh... he always gets away with it, lucky guy!

 
Hmmm... But about what?

???

(I'd wink here, but ... ?)
 
I have been through many such rapid 'point fluctuations' in my life. I find it always helps to have a glass of wine nearby. And a contingency plan for sleeping on the couch.
 
"you really do care, don't you?"

It's a self-loading question, like "am I the best?" or "are you happy?".

Sounds like a YES or NO... but... there needs to be an acceptable answer that describes that gray area in the middle. How about YO? or NES?

;-)
 
ROTFLMAO!!!!! This is exactly something my husband would do. It is (mostly) endearing ... lol ....
 
Michael, wink accepted.

Blueberry, but he really DID care! It wasn't a trick question! Really!!

Daniel, I was the one who ended up sleeping on the couch, as I couldn't fall asleep for a long time, and didn't want to disturb him.

Blogauthor - we did mention parallel life, didn't we?

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.