Google

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

 

A Thousand Words - And Then Some #9


Just a quick one, before I leave to Israel.

Suitcases are packed (and packed with gifts!), two paintings are framed and deposited in good hands to be brought to two group shows that begin in June, my studio looks decent enough to be fun to come back to, passport and green-card are safe in my wallet (checked four times!!), and even my Israeli cellular phone (whose chargers went AWOL), is now fully charged and ready to go, thanks to TexieD, who - as always - came to the rescue and donated not one, but two chargers of his old cell phone, and to The JohnnyB, who made a special delivery in the midst of the day and went back to work. (Thank You, and Thank You!!!!!!)

and,


- - - above all (drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllll),

The JohnnyB is smoke free for 100 days, TODAY!!!!!!!!



I am looking forward to almost 3 weeks sans English (mostly), good coffee, great food, lots of family togetherness, and views like this:


Sunset over the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee), Israel, June'05



previous 1000 Words... ...next 1000 words

Labels: ,


Comments:

Congrats to the Johnnyb!!!!!

Have a blast Nava!

The view is fantabulous!
 

I'm staying out of your way, as you finish up the last minute scramble before we take off for the airport, so thought I'd check your blog.

And you think I'm just laying low - no, I'm showing love (staying out of your way) and support (reading your blog, knowing that you've posted).

Noseya Tov - Dash l'Gillisim veh Abuzagloim. Lehitraot beh June.

JkN
 
Nava . . .No kidding . . .I will MISS you!! Hopefully, you'll check in from time to time via computer while you are there. I actually feel like I know your family . . . .Have a great trip!!! And I'll be holding hugs for when you return!
 
Johnny b . . . .I suspect you know what a fabulous act you have done . . .not only have you fought and won over the addiction, but you will thank yourself over and over again later in life when your health is less robust. I waited nearly 38 years to quit . . .and the regrets are VERY HEAVY. Congrats and Cheers!!

Mike
 
JohnnyB WAY TO GO!!! 100 days is a big thing. clap clap clap
I also wish I would have let them go sooner than I did. I didn't quit until I was driving myself to the clinic having a heart attack. It has been almost 10 years for me and I can't even imagine that I ever smoked.
 
Have a great trip NAVA.. will miss you
 
Have a great time and safe travels!

Congrats JohnnyB.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.