Google

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

 

Sentence of the Year 2007

(Also published on "Unchain My Art")

The JohnnyB and I were having one of those conversations this evening, and it became quite profound and deep, dare I say on the verge of philosophical.

Bear in mind that when you have a true Minnesotan for a spouse, this kind of dialogue happens once in a blue moon. (And not just any blue, mind you; Manganese Blue!).

And due to that rarity, I was trying to get the most out of it.

At some point, I asked with sheer frustration, "So, I want to understand: why do you always have to be so damn logical???".

The JohnnyB replied, "because I don't like to lose control of my - - - "

" - - - emotions?", I interrupted (hey - I'm an Israeli. When we pledge allegiance, we make a solemn commitment to never ever let anyone finish a sentence!)

"No", he continued patiently, "I don't like to lose control of my state of mind", and - hesitating - he pondered, "Um... is that the same as emotions?"

And so, to y'all who wonder why so many of my paintings have women with this look in their eyes - I hereby rest my case.

previous Sentence of The Month... ...next Sentence of The Month

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:

I have that look a lot too. In fact, my mother always said if I keep an expression that my face would grow that way, and it might be doing it. :-|

But it beats perky.
Perky is annoying.
 

Girlfriend you are cracking me up!
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.

I rather like the "look" in her eyes. ;)
 
Blueberry, you and I are very similar, so it seems. And perky is false many times.

Rhonda, I suspect that if there was a fly on the wall, it would have been smacked by that look of mine. So, better not ;-)
 
Nava,
I love checking your blog once in awhile, you always have a way of making me laugh and smile. And because the Johnny B is my brother, I totally understand the expression on the woman's face in your painting!!
Love ya,
Jacquie
 
Jacquie, you've just earned the title 'The JacquieB'... :-)>
 
Hmmm, you philosphical discussion draught might not be exclusive to Minnesota men. I've been married for almost seven years and I can't remember 'ever' have such said discussion with wife/roommate.

And I've never even stepped foot in Minnesota.
 
Daniel, are you insinuating that it's about men in general? How utterly shocking...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


*** The content on all pages and sub-pages of http://www.navausa.blogspot.com is © Copyright 2006-2009 by Nava Attia-Benoit.
No text, photos or images may be reproduced elsewhere in any way, without express written permission of the copyright owner.